Wednesday 15 October 2008

KNTV Show

Is the best educational show ever.
Ok now that I have got that bold statement out there I'm going to tell you what the hell it is, well no I'm not, why should when the internet can do it for me. To the wiki.
The reasons why it's brilliant is because of it's format, which mixes crazy Eastern European hosts, you've been framed and education.
Lets face it, who doesn't find Eastern Europe accents done by English actors funny. They also make songs up about the subject for the end of the show and then rock out to them. So not only does it promote learning through humour but also promotes the use of instruments to make music, shocking in the age of X-factor.
Then we move onto the you've been framed style videos. Now it's not the videos themselves that make it funny but the voice over that is telling you about the scientific or philosophy theory while these videos are going on. Like discussing Einstein's Theory of Relativity and talking about moving fast enough to time travel (relativity of course) while showing a clip of old Eastern European Women having a race. Genius.
Then there is education, well it teaches you all about the basic ideas of the subject of the show. The philosophy ones are my favorite and I really think I would have got a better grade in philosophy if these guys had taught me.
In short if you happen to have a week day off and get a chance to watch this, you own it to yourself to watch it, if only to learn about the last European Commie state, Slabovia!

No comments: