Wednesday 22 October 2008

Atheism and bendy buses

I don't know how many of you have seen this but don't worry, I'm not about to go into an anti-religious rant, if you believe in a god or not that is your business as long as you're not hating on people because of it.
Instead I'm going to highlight this quote, from Stephen Green of Christian Voice
"Bendy-buses, like atheism, are a danger to the public at large."
How brilliant is that? Is he attacking the notion of atheism or the notion of bendy buses because I'm sure they were invented by an evil atheist with the following thought process "You know what will make people stop believing in God, Bendy Buses because they are so evil that they could only be invented in a godless world"
Now lets tackle the issues of this statement in a semi serious manner I said this was not going to be an anti-religious post to the bendy buses. Where it seems that there is more evidence of their danger, in fact a young lad was killed by one in London. As sad as this is, one death doesn't make a whole mode of transport dangerous, as a spokesman said for London transport "Fatalities are extremely rare - one fatality for every 100 million miles operated
However there was a greater concern when 3 buses caught fire in the space of 3 months in London but it the problem was found and then fixed in the fleet. We also have these buses in other parts of Britain, we have them in Leeds in fact and not once I have I read an angry letter about them in the Evening Post and the people who write to that paper will complain about anything.
In summary I think it's fair to say that bendy buses are not a danger to the public, well not more so than any other type of transport.
I will leave the atheism comment for another day but for now I will leave you with the Christian Voice website and let you decide whose side you will be, theirs or the bendy buses.

No comments: