Wednesday 19 November 2008

Things that annoy me


Here is a list of things that annoy me and why, most of these were brought on by a trip to the cinema yesterday to see the new Bond film.

1. Popcorn - Ok it's not popcorn but it's the popcorn in the context of the cinema. I can hear some of you now saying "But wait, popcorn is an important part of going to the cinema how can you hate it" Well it's because it's a snack that is bloody loud! Who thought that a snack that is loud when eaten was a good idea at a place where silence is required to fully enjoy the experience. Do they sell it at a library? no I thought not, at a funeral home, nope but for some reason it is ok to sell it at the cinema. There are plenty of snacks that don't make as much sound when eaten that they could sell at an inflated cost but not it has to be bloody popcorn!


2. People who talk all the way through a film at the cinema. If you want to do this do it at the pub not when you have paid to watch things. I don't mind if you talk through the adverts but through the whole film? fuck off. This goes for people who use mobile phones in the cinema as well, if you cannot life without your mobile for 90mins than you really need to take a good look at yourself.

3. Finally to rugby union, no I'm not going to slag off the game itself, I think that the product does that well enough by itself. Instead I'm going to get stuck into the England fans who sing Swing Low Sweet Chariot for some reason. It's a slave song and yet some of the poshest most upper class people thing it's a good song to support one of the most backward thinking organisations in English sport? I'm sure the irony is not lost on anybody but the fans who sit in the stands of Twickenham.

No comments: